Friday, December 16, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Based in South Africa, Black Coffee (real name: Nkosinathi Maphumulo) has been a rising star in the deep house music scene, producing tracks and dropping great mixes.What makes his DJ style so unique is that Black Coffee is disabled. He lost his hand when he was young. So when you are watching him DJ 3 turntables, cutting rhythms, and hitting deep soulful drops, with one arm, you can't help but to be amazed. You can check out his original productions and other mixes on his Soundcloud. Enjoy!
Friday, November 18, 2011
Don't worry, this will not become a mommy blog! I just wanted to let you know what's up. :)
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Nina Simone 'Feeling Good'
Midnight Juggernaughts 'Scorpius'
Zombie Disco Squad 'Esperanto' (Solo Remix)
Public Enemy 'Show'em Watcha Got'
Boysnoize 'Shine Shine'Le Le 'Breakfast' (Mercury Remix)
Traffic Sign 'Let's Work'
Shit Robot 'Xxxx '
Deetron And DJ Bone 'Life Soundtrack '
Kikomoto Allstars 'I'll Make You Jack'
Audio Bullys 'Flickery Vision' (Riva Starr Remix)
DJ Hell 'The Disaster' (Ink And Needle Remix)
Armand Van Helden 'Ski Hard'
Kid Sister 'Get Fresh' (Alex Gopher Remix)
Laidback Luke & Diplo 'Hey!'
Major Lazer 'Pon Di Floor' (Smoke And Mirrors Edit)
DJ Mehdi 'Pocket Piano' (Brodinski Remix)
A-Trak & Laidback Luke 'Shake It Down'
Tiga 'Shoes' (Mr Oizo Remix)
Simian Mobile Disco 'Synthesize'Boysnoize 'Kontact Me
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Since I'm expecting :) Mode.Radio is replaying some of our classic and most popular mixes for Radio Ready. For this month, Radio Ready is going back in the Mode.Radio vaults with this "Subterranean Session" set from world-renown Drum 'n' Bass DJ Klute, Arizona's Ms. JAG, and Atlanta's Little Jen. Originally recorded on WRAS--88.5 FM's "Subterranean" in 2002, this triple tag set was rebroadcasted on Mode.Radio in 2008. Enjoy!
London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix)
Apex (featuring Ayah) - Space Between
London Elektricity: This Dark Matter (Nu:Tone Remix)
Lupe Fiasco - Superstar - Drum and Bass (AurA Remix)
Zinc - Hear No Evil
London Elektricity - All Hell is Breaking Loose
Absolute Zero & Subphonics - The Code (SKC Remix)
Bachelors Of Science - People Together
Danny Byrd - Weird Science
Chase & Status - Hurt You
Nu:Tone - Mrs. Jones
Nu:Tone (Feat SP:MC) - Heaven Sent
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
Monday, July 11, 2011
Larissa is a part of the Housewives crew, and currently you can catch her deep, soulful, funky, garagey and tech house sets in SF's local and legendary venue's. She holds a residency at The Rhythm Room, every 2nd Sunday at the End Up, as well as Paul Hemmings monster club Temple.
April of this year, we featured DJ Miles Maeda and side 1 of his 1997 mix called Painting. It was one of my favorite mixes and I practically wore the cassette out. This time, we are featuring side 2. So get ready to hear some classics in this Deep House mix.
A little update on DJ Miles Maeda: He's now living in Tokyo, Japan, dropping mixes and doing performances there and in the States. He's also a teacher of yoga and will be in Chicago in August. You can check out his more up-to-date mixes at http://milesmaedamixes.com/
1. Phillip Ramirez – Keep The Faith (Chris Simmonds Mix)
2. G Flame & Mr. G – Feel Da Groove
3. Lil Louis & The Party – Clap Your Hands
4. Byron Stingily – Flying High (Rascal Dub)
5. Mindchime – To Be Someone
6. En Vogue – Whatever (Tuff Jam Unda-Vybe Dub)
7. Flabbergast – Shine Two
8. D*Note – Waiting Hopefully (Footprints Vocal Mix)
9. Opus III – When You Made The Mountain (MK Remix)
10. Soul II Soul – Pleasure Dome (Booker T Dub)
11. The Brand New Heavies – You Are The Universe (Tuff Jam Special Rub)
Monday, May 16, 2011
Every year, I do an album for the RPM Challenge, which is a contest for people to do one album of 10 songs or 30 minutes of music during the month of February. This year was particularly hard because I caught a nasty flu before getting the tracks together, so I was only able to get 7 songs. Alot of the songs are remixes, but I hope that you like them :)
Claps and Beats
5AM (A Girl Like You) [Mode.Radio Remix]
Lots of Drums
Ain't No Sunshine [Mode.Radio Remix]
We last featured Atlanta's DJ Sikora back in November 2010. He had just returned to DJing after a 5 year abscence. Now Sikora has been rebuilding his fan base, DJing all over the Atlanta area and soon the Southeast. Enjoy his latest mix, Winter Breaks and check out more of his mixes at http://soundcloud.com/dj-sikora
1.Me & You - Nero (Nero vs Blitz/Sikora Mash)
2.New York - Stanton Warriors
3.Space Junk - Wolfgang Gartner (Krisp Remix)
4.Electro Arp - Powerbreak (Gusto Remix)
5.Da-Funk-Squad - Future Funk Squad
6.Shutterbug - Big Boi (Jack Beats Remix/Lunathics Mix)
7.Beat Breaking Boy - Stanton Warriors
8.Night Dance - Gusto
9.Bassline - Bad Man Horror Theme (Mustard Pimp vs F^K Y3AH! Remix)
10.Bass Down Low - The Catatacs (303z Remix)
11.Foes - Borgore/16 Bit (Ben Tomlinson's How To Destroy A Nightclub Mix)
12.Blood Red - Feed Me (Ben Tomlinson's Re-Edit)
13. I'll Move For You - (303z Remix)
14.Twilight - BreakZhead feat. Catherine
15.Rock Ride Destruction - Dom Almond
16.Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead (Refracture Remix)
17.Everything Everything - Photoshop Handsome (Future Funk Squad Remix)
18.Still Here - Stanton Warriors (Bounce Funk Mix)
19.Inner City Life - Goldie (Future Funk Squad Remix)
He created this mix for the world famous Essential Mix on BBC'S Radio 1 on March 19, 2011. Enjoy and for more info on Dimitri from Paris, check out his website at http://www.dimitrifromparis.com.
01. Pet Shop Boys - Left To My Own Devices (Frankie Knuckles Orchetsrated Devices & Royal Piano Remixes) [EMI]
02. Hercules and Love Affair — My House (Tensnake Remix) [Moshi Moshi]
03. Deuce & Satin — Hyper [Music Village Records]
04. Doug Lazy — Let It Roll [Atlantic]
05. KC Flightt — Let's Get Jazzy (Dope Dub Mix) [TMT records]
06. MFSB Vs Grand Master Flash — The Message (S-Man Relative Funk Re-Edit) [CDR]
07. Ashford & Simpson — Don't Cost You Nothing (Leftside Wobble Re-Edit) [CDR]
08. Drop Out Orchestra — Polish Our Act [Drop Out Records]
09. TPO — Hiroshi's Dub (Milos Garage Dub's Dub) [File Records]
10. Professor Funk & The House Brothers — Work Your Body Rap [Underground]
11. First Choice — Let No Man Put Asunder (Walter Gibbons Remix) [Salsoul]
12. AJELLO — Chocolate Black Leather (feat. Hard Ton) (Original) [DWADK]
13. Tyson — Die On The Dancefloor (Extended) [Backyard]
14. Purple Flash — We Can Make It (Vocal) [JDC records]
15. Electronic — Getting Away With It [Factory]
16. Inner City — Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin' (Frankie Knuckles & David Morales Def Mix) [Ten]
17. Lovebird — Lovethang (Jamie Bull Mash Up Re-Edit) [CDR]
18. Robert Owens — Hearts And Soul [Compost]
19. Sinnamon — I Need You Now (Moplen Re-Edit) [CDR]
20. Dimitri From Paris & DJ Rocca Present Erodiscotique — Reason For Living (feat. Fred Ventura) [Gomma]
21. The Human League — Never Let Me Go (Aeroplane Remix) [Wall Of Sound]
22. Sare Havlicek — Dreams In Light (Ray Mang Attakshak Mix) [Nang Records]
23. Tribute — We Love Dreams (Rocco Raimundo Edit GW Re-Touch) [Tribute]
24. Chic — I Want Your Love (Dimitri From Paris Remix) [Atlantic]
25. Norma Jean Wright — Saturday (Dimitri From Paris Remix) [Atlantic]
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Life is about change, right? Well, here at Mode.Radio, change is happening. Let me tell you why. My personal life has completely changed for the better (more details to come....), so the time that I have to devote to Mode.Radio has become limited. Therefore, Mode.Radio is going back from being bi-weekly to once a month for the rest of this year. There is a possibility that we may go back to being bi-weekly in 2012, but we'll see.
Mode.Radio started out as a once a month podcast back in 2008 and right now, I think this is the best direction for it to go. The good thing about it is that the mixes that will be placed on this blog will be of top quality and the DJs exposed will be very strong. Radio Ready will still feature DJs who either have been on Mode.Radio before or are super good DJs. The Stash will still feature sets that are classics and the Debut Series will still feature up and coming DJs.
I hope that these changes will not affect how much you listen to Mode. As usual: Enjoy!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
The first time (and the last time) we featured Atlanta DJ Sorted was in October 2009. So we thought it was a good time to bring him back.
From his Bio:
Jamie Andersen aka Sorted has been rocking Atlanta dancefloor's for half a decade. Heavily influenced at a young age by nights spent in the notorious London clubs fabric and The End. Sorted came back to the states eager to spread Europe's sounds to the masses.
Bursting on the Atlanta scene in 2005 Sorted quickly joined the http://www.404audio.com crew becoming one of the cities premier Drum and Bass DJ's. Cutting his teeth at the now infamous Transit club nights, Sorted learned the importance of building a vibe, while keeping dancefloor sensibility.
After building a name in Atlanta's underground, Sorted quickly found the need to branch into other genre's. You can hear a mix of House, Indie, and other genres in almost every mix he creates. For now enjoy, DJ Sorted's "Season's Change Vol. 2" recorded December 2010.
You can also check him out on www.djsorted.com
1. Calibre - All You Got
2. Random Movement - Waterlogged
3. Submorphics - Post Modern Soul
4. Technicolour & Komactic - Daydreamer
5. ATP & Dave Owen - Way Back When
6. Big Bud - Want You So Bad
7. Kabuki ft. Paul St. Hilaire - Generation X
8. Commix - I Have You
9. Mutt & Generic ft. Kevin King- Forget
10. Bcee & S.P.Y. - Nothing To Declare
11. Lenzman ft. Riya - Open Page
12. Spectrasoul ft. D-Bridge - Glimpse
13. Bcee & S.P.Y. - Is Anybody Out There
14. Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Dexcell VIP)
15. Friction ft. Tasha Baxter - Life Cycle
16. Logistics - Winter Blues
17. Sigma - Baltimore
18. New Zealand Shapeshifter - Sleepless (B-complex Remix)
Well, while I was sick last month, I went trolling and found Miles Maeda Mixes.com. There Miles had all of his past and current mixes, including "Painting." Miles is currently based in Tokyo, Japan. As far as I can tell from his Facebook, he's ok, but there is a link on his Facebook and his website to donate to relief efforts in Japan, so please consider it.
So I'm featuring Side 1 this month and Side 2 soon. Enjoy!
1. Playin’ 4 The City – Hall 3
2. Kevin Yost – Filtered Luv
3. Tina Turner – In Your Wildest Dreams (Deep Dish Paradise Mix)
4. INXS – Everything (Jaxx Love Dub)
5. D’Influence – Hypnotize (M.A.W. 12″ Mix)
6. George Benson – Song For My Brother (Zulu Dub)
7. DON-E – Don Perignon (Restless Soul Peaktime Mix)
8. Llorca – Take It As A Dub
9. Retro Emotion – Madisons’ Playground
10. Ratcliffe – bBack To Da City
11. Blaze – Lovelee Dae (20:20 Vision Main Mix)
12. Second Thought – Deep Penetration (Deep Dub Mix)
13. Sylk 130 – When The Funk Hits The Fan (Mood II Swing Main Pass)
Eve has been very busy this past year. She still has EdenFM, but now you can hear Lady Eve every other Tuesday on "Pan Ambient FM" on London's Fnoob.com, and now every Saturday on "Tabuchin" on Cancun's FM Cancun.net. For more info on Lady Eve, check out her website at www.ladyeve.ca
B12 - Hall of Mirrors (Digitonal's Strings in Space rmx)
Fax - H.A.T.E
Orbital - Halycon
Gui Boratto - Mr. Decay
John Tejada - Turning Point
Bostich & Fussible - One Night
Ellen Allien & Apparat - Do Not Break
Daft Punk - Derezzed (JKOM rmx)
Opolopo & Amalia Townsend - Under the Radar (Robot in Heat rmx)
Shed - Another Wedged Chicken
Gui Boratto - The Blessing
The Mole - Smiling and Running
Ellen Allien & Apparat - Rotary
Claude Von Stroke - Beware of the Bird (Dirtybird)
Francesco Tristano - The Melody (Carl Craig rmx)
Four Tet - Sing (Banton's Indian Chants rmx)
The Orb - Kiss Your Love
Bjork - Triumph of a Heart
Fax - The Room
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
However, Mode.Radio started out as me experimenting and making DJ mixes (called 3AM, 4AM, and 5AM respectively) and re-broadcasting episodes of the Atlanta radio show "Subterranean." So I thought that it would be appropriate, for Mode. Radio's 3 year anniversary, to bring it back to the beginning and feature a mixed set.
This all-Disco, danceable, funkiness set was done NYE 2010/2011 at a loft party in San Francisco. The host, DKhan, and hostess, eMber, are long time friends of mine and I hope to feature them in future Mode.Radio episodes. Until then, enjoy!
1. Got to Give it Up--Marvin Gaye
2. Saturday Night--Earth, Wind, and Fire
3. Inferno--J Boogie Dubtronic Science
4. Jive Talkin'--The Bee Gees
5. I Left my Wallet in El Segundo--A Tribe Called Quest
6. My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me--Geto Boys
7. Gin in My System--Big Freedia
8. Rapper's Delight--The Sugar Hill Gang
10. Let's Groove Tonight--Earth, Wind, and Fire
11. Got to Be Real--Cheryl Lynn
12. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)--The Jacksons
13. Blame it on the Boogie--Michael Jackson
14. Stuck in the Middle With You--Stealers Wheel
15. SuperFreak--Rick James
In March 2009, I download this set from DJ Marky's website, http://djmarky.uol.com.br/, and It hasn't left my iPod ever since. A very good d'n'b set, it's full of surprises and filled with DJ Marky speaking about tracks he's using.
A little bio: Regarded as a drum’n’bass innovator under the name Marky Mark and then just DJ Marky, Marco Antonio Silva was discovered by English DJ Bryan Gee, who saw Marky playing in a club in São Paulo in 1998. Amazed by Marky’s scratch skills, he invited the DJ to play in London. Marky got started in drum’n’bass in 1992, choosing a more hardcore edge, but the small audiences nearly caused him to give up. At the time, he was told that that kind of music was for only a few. In 1997, he went to London and met DJs Hype and Goldie. The meeting with Brian D was definitive for Marky’s conquering of England. In 1999, he was awarded "Best New DJ" by the British critics. The recording sessions of his album "Working the Mix" happened in his house, with two pick ups, one mixer and vinyl albums. When it was ready, he showed it to moguls at Paradoxx and got lucky.
1. Lynx & Kemo - Deez Breaks
2. Die & Break - Get Some
3. Random Movement - Kids In The Sea
5. Mistical - Time To Fly
6. SPY - Moving In Circles
7. Commix - Bear Music
8. Interface - Get Low
9. Drumagick ft Dynamite MC - The Drummer
10. Stunna - Back In Time
11. Random Movement - Waterlogged
12. Total Science ft MC Conrad - Soul Patrol (Marky & SPY Super Jungle VIP)
13. The Futures - Aint No Time Fa Nothin
Starting out as an emcee and audio engineer in 2000, Miles met another young producer who introduced him to Daft Punk, and fell in love with Electronic Dance Music. Several years later he purchased his first set of turntables and took to the stage himself, throwing events with other local crews and playing festivals. He has recently started back to school and is attending Full Sail University for Music Production. You can listen to all his mixes at http://www.mixcloud.com/DJMilesLong/ and his original productions http://www.soundcloud.com/djmileslong .
With a shout out to DJ Sikora and everyone over at Tennessee EDM, enjoy DJ Miles Long...
1. New Zealand Shapeshifter - Twin Galaxies (VIP)
2. Camo & Krooked - Reincarnation
3. Muffler - Pinball Fantasies
4. DJ Fresh - Hypercaine
5. Sub Focus - Could This Be Real (Drum & Bass Remix)
6. Netsky - Secret Agent
7. Agent Alvin - Moonlight Bay
8. Reso - Slap Chop
9. DJ Fresh - Talkbox
10. B-Complex - Beautiful Lies (VIP)
11. DJ Fresh - Acid Rain
12. DJ Fresh - Gold Dust (Vocal DnB Remix vs. Flux Pavilion Dubstep Mix)
13. DJ Fresh - Fight
14. Lily Allen - The Fear (The Count Saves Lily Allen From The Fear Remix)
15. Pendulum - Watercolour (Emalkay Remix)
16. DJ Fresh - Chacruna
17. Unknown Artist - You've Got To Know
18. B.O.B. Featuring Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You (TC Remix)
19. New Zealand Shapeshifter - Lifetime
20. Matrix + Futurebound - Coast 2 Coast
21. Unknown Artist - Unknown Track (Sorry!)
22. Danny Byrd - Moonwalker
23. SugaRush Beat Co. - Love Breed (Danny Byrd Remix)
24. Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
25. Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand (Sigma Remix)
Thursday, January 20, 2011
IndigoDISCO by osmose
This is an unbelievable mix! You can find out more about Larissa on http://www.ilovehousemusic.com/larissa or her Soundcloud
Sunday, January 2, 2011
For 2011, Mode.Radio is ALL OVER the social network! You can connect with us at the following websites:
Mode. Radio's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ModeRadio/370324102921
Mode.Radio's Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/moderadiopod
Mode. Radio's Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moderadio
Mode.Radio's Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/mse
Mode. Radio's Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/moderadio
Lars Behrenroth - Are You Sure?
Mike Z - Let it Go
Reel People - Alibi
Elef - Be My Friend
Osunlade - Pride
Kay Suzuki - Opening EP
Andreas Saag - People Say
Jan Nemecek - In Deep Blue
Crazy P - Love on the Line
Franck Roger - Loosin
Soul Minority - Retroplex
Yost/Funk - INYU
Alison David - Dreams
Ralf Gum - All This Love For You
Joe DiPadova - Consciousness
Simply Music by ddubs