We last featured San Francisco's Larissa Gamarra in January of this year, with her mix from The EndUp. Now Larissa is back with a deep house, late night party, waking up mixes from Soul Camp. The mix was done at 7AM in 2010 at the Soul Camp party.
Larissa is a part of the Housewives crew, and currently you can catch her deep, soulful, funky, garagey and tech house sets in SF's local and legendary venue's. She holds a residency at The Rhythm Room, every 2nd Sunday at the End Up, as well as Paul Hemmings monster club Temple.
Monday, July 11, 2011
April of this year, we featured DJ Miles Maeda and side 1 of his 1997 mix called Painting. It was one of my favorite mixes and I practically wore the cassette out. This time, we are featuring side 2. So get ready to hear some classics in this Deep House mix.
A little update on DJ Miles Maeda: He's now living in Tokyo, Japan, dropping mixes and doing performances there and in the States. He's also a teacher of yoga and will be in Chicago in August. You can check out his more up-to-date mixes at http://milesmaedamixes.com/
1. Phillip Ramirez – Keep The Faith (Chris Simmonds Mix)
2. G Flame & Mr. G – Feel Da Groove
3. Lil Louis & The Party – Clap Your Hands
4. Byron Stingily – Flying High (Rascal Dub)
5. Mindchime – To Be Someone
6. En Vogue – Whatever (Tuff Jam Unda-Vybe Dub)
7. Flabbergast – Shine Two
8. D*Note – Waiting Hopefully (Footprints Vocal Mix)
9. Opus III – When You Made The Mountain (MK Remix)
10. Soul II Soul – Pleasure Dome (Booker T Dub)
11. The Brand New Heavies – You Are The Universe (Tuff Jam Special Rub)