Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Stash 38--Miles Maeda--Painting, Side 1

One of my favorite House Music cassettes (yes, I said cassettes) was Chicago DJ Miles Maeda's "Painting." I bought it in 2001, even though it was recorded in 1997 and I fell in love. I couldn't find anymore of his music, and 6 years later, that cassette wore away. I guess playing it all the time and leaving it in a hot car in Georgia didn't help.

Well, while I was sick last month, I went trolling and found Miles Maeda Mixes.com. There Miles had all of his past and current mixes, including "Painting." Miles is currently based in Tokyo, Japan. As far as I can tell from his Facebook, he's ok, but there is a link on his Facebook and his website to donate to relief efforts in Japan, so please consider it.

So I'm featuring Side 1 this month and Side 2 soon. Enjoy!

Tracklisting
1. Playin’ 4 The City – Hall 3
2. Kevin Yost – Filtered Luv
3. Tina Turner – In Your Wildest Dreams (Deep Dish Paradise Mix)
4. INXS – Everything (Jaxx Love Dub)
5. D’Influence – Hypnotize (M.A.W. 12″ Mix)
6. George Benson – Song For My Brother (Zulu Dub)
7. DON-E – Don Perignon (Restless Soul Peaktime Mix)
8. Llorca – Take It As A Dub
9. Retro Emotion – Madisons’ Playground
10. Ratcliffe – bBack To Da City
11. Blaze – Lovelee Dae (20:20 Vision Main Mix)
12. Second Thought – Deep Penetration (Deep Dub Mix)
13. Sylk 130 – When The Funk Hits The Fan (Mood II Swing Main Pass)


No comments:

Post a Comment