Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Radio Ready--Mode.Radio's 3 Year anniversary Mix--Ladymode (MsE), NYE 2010/11 Jam

So I don't claim to be a DJ. I love DJs and electronica music, (why I created Mode.Radio), but me a DJ...um no.

However, Mode.Radio started out as me experimenting and making DJ mixes (called 3AM, 4AM, and 5AM respectively) and re-broadcasting episodes of the Atlanta radio show "Subterranean." So I thought that it would be appropriate, for Mode. Radio's 3 year anniversary, to bring it back to the beginning and feature a mixed set.

This all-Disco, danceable, funkiness set was done NYE 2010/2011 at a loft party in San Francisco. The host, DKhan, and hostess, eMber, are long time friends of mine and I hope to feature them in future Mode.Radio episodes. Until then, enjoy!

Tracklisting
1. Got to Give it Up--Marvin Gaye
2. Saturday Night--Earth, Wind, and Fire
3. Inferno--J Boogie Dubtronic Science
4. Jive Talkin'--The Bee Gees
5. I Left my Wallet in El Segundo--A Tribe Called Quest
6. My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me--Geto Boys
7. Gin in My System--Big Freedia
8. Rapper's Delight--The Sugar Hill Gang
9. Ffun--ConFunkShun
10. Let's Groove Tonight--Earth, Wind, and Fire
11. Got to Be Real--Cheryl Lynn
12. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)--The Jacksons
13. Blame it on the Boogie--Michael Jackson
14. Stuck in the Middle With You--Stealers Wheel
15. SuperFreak--Rick James


No comments:

Post a Comment