Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mode.Radio's Weekly Mix #34--DJ Spivey--The Ethan White Tribute Mix

Last month, fans and band members of Tortured Soul were shocked by the sudden death of Ethan White, Tortured Soul's keyboardist. You can read more about that here. So I was hoping to create a Tortured Soul/Ethan White dedication mix, but I actually stumbled upon this mix. This was done by Atlanta DJ Spivey and his thoughts on the mix definitely sums up what many Tortured Soul fans felt...

"When I first learned of Ethan White's passing a couple of weeks ago, I immediately pulled out some old Tortured Soul Records and begin to Play! Ethan wasn't "The Voice" of Tortured Soul but his Keyboard Playing and musical arraignments were totally instrumental in the bands Amazing Success. On this Tribute I featured TS's hits: "How's Your Life?", "Don't Hold Me Down" and "I Know What's On Your Mind." etc. But I also picked some tunes Ethan did Remixes and Reworks on as well. So If You love Tortured Soul, or just plain Love Good Music, Hold up a Glass and "Toast" The Man, Mr. Ethan White! (R.I.P) "

Enjoy and respect...

Tracklisting
Decide (Ethan White's Easytracks Mix) by Jay-J feat. Big Brooklyn Red
I Know What's On Your Mind (Ethan White Remix) by Tortured Soul & Black Coffee
Find The Way (Richard Earnshaw Classic Vocal) by Ethan White & Lisa Shaw
Can't Keep Rhythm From a Dancer (Miguel Migs Salted Dub)
I Might Do Something Wrong (Ethan White Raindrops Remix) by Tortured Soul feat. N'Dea Davenport
Dirty (DJ Spinna Nostalgic Future Remix) by Tortured Soul
Don't Tell Me (You're Sorry) by Ethan White feat. Marie Tweek
Home To You (Ethan White Remix) by Tortured Soul
In My Fantasy (Ethan White Instr.) by Tortured Soul
Did You Miss Me (Deep & Soul Project Soul Mix) by Tortured Soul
Don't Hold Me Down (Quentin Harris Remix) by Tortured Soul
Enjoy It Now (Butterfunk's Extended Edit) by Tortured Soul
How's Your Life? (Alex Alvarez Remix) 


No comments:

Post a Comment