Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mode.Radio's Weekly Mix #35--DJ Garth--Live at Lion Rock Cafe, Oakland, CA 2003


A couple of weeks ago, a friend posted this mix on his FB page and I immediately downloaded it. I'm a lover of roots reggae and it's a part of my weekend morning routine. Plus, I was missing Oakland something fierce and I have always loved DJ Garth.

DJ Garth is a SF/LA based DJ, originally from England. He's known as a house music DJ. He started getting noticed after performances at Burning Man and Reggae on the River and put out tracks on Thrive Recordings and more. He started his own label, Grayhound Recordings in 1998 and has done remixes of tracks from A Tribe Called Quest, Perry Farrell, Adam Freeland, and more.

This mix features tracks from Rhythm & Sound with Cornel Campbell Sly & Robbie,UB40Black UhuruThe Specials and more. This is a good mix for the summer time. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment