Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mode.Radio's Weekly Mix #53--Seba--Drum 'n' Bass Arena Mix


One of my favorite websites is Drum 'n' Bass Arena out of the UK, If you have ever been a fan of d'n'b, this is one of the premiere websites to listen to mixes and newest productions. I used the website frequently when I was producing "Subterranean" in Atlanta.

I was feeling nostalgic this week.I was looking around for a mix this week and I found this exclusive mix that DJ Seba did for the website last month.

Seba isn't some random DJ. He's been around the d'n'b scene since 1995. I first heard of him through LTJ Bukem's label Good Looking records with his track with Lo-Tek called "Sonic Winds." A couple of years later, Seba started his own label Secret Operations in Sweden. Even though he was putting out some d'n'b tracks at that time, he was mainly mixing and producing house tracks. That was until 2003, when Secret Operations began increasing the amount of d'n'b tracks on their label.

This mix was done in celebration of 2 releases Seba did last December, "Jungle Music" and "Cloudless." You can read the interview and hear those tracks here. There's no tracklisting, but if you're a fan of 90's d'n'b or you want to know where dubstep sound generated from, this is the mix. Enjoy and download!

No comments:

Post a Comment