Sunday, March 27, 2016

Mode.Radio's Weekly Mix #59--Gilles Petersen (mixed by Will LV)--Phife Dawg Tribute Mix

The death of A Tribe Called Quest's Phife Dawg (Malik Taylor) on Tuesday March 22, 2016 left a BIG hole in the hip-hop community. I know personally I reconnected with ATCQ music all this week, thought a lot about the effect of the group on my musical upbringing and watched "Beats, Rhymes, & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest" documentary.

I had originally planned to showcase a mix from Winter Music Conference/Ultra Fest from Miami (and we're still doing that this week), but once I stumbled upon this tribute on Gilles Peterson's Soundcloud, I knew this had to be put on this blog.

There is another Tribe mix on Mode.Radio from Canadian DJ JoeAve and you can hear it here.

Enjoy both mixes!

No comments:

Post a Comment