Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Stash 31--J Boogie--Live from NOLA

Back in the fall of 2009, I went to a hip-hop festival in a small park in Berkeley, CA. While there, I met my then-new favorite DJ, J Boogie, who had made an appearance on stage earlier that day. He had just performed in my hometown of Atlanta with KevinO and I told him how I loved where he was taking his music. J Boogie was amazingly cool, humble, and definitely still hustlin' to get his music out there. He hooked me up with this mix, recorded March, 2009 at the Dragon's Den in New Orleans. It definitely is a treat and well worth the listen. You can learn more about J Boogie and his Dubtronic Science at their blog (http://dubtronicscience.blogspot.com) or at the label's website: http://om-records.com/

Tracklisting:
1. Detroit Sex Machines--The funky Crawl
2. Mark Ronson--Oh My God
3. Black Heat--Zimba Ku
4. Pharoahe Monch--Push
5. Pimp Rekker--Moodswang
6. Gwen McCrae--Funky Sensation
7. Marvin Gaye--A Funky Space Reincarnation
8. The JB's--(It's Not the Express) It's the JB's Monaurail
9. Beatnuts--We Got the Funk
10. Pimps of Joytime--Bonita
11. Tupac--Old School
12. Sugarman Three--Bosco's Blues
13. The Meters--Just Kissed My Baby
14. EPMD--Never Seen Before
15. Skull Snaps, Steinski & Discolobos--El Snap Cubano
16. The Discoettes--Yes We Can!
17. The Chakachas--Jungle Fever
18. Kenny Dope--Ram Jamma
19. Ty--Don't Watch That
20. Armand Van Helden--Hot Butter
21. Bill Withers--Lovely Day
22. Fort Knox Five--Funk4Peace
23. Ocote Soul Sounds--Ora Come Rey
24. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings--How Long Do I Have to Wait For You
25. Alice Russel--Hunger
26. Jackson 5 Vs. Rocksteady--Want You Back 007


No comments:

Post a Comment